Gardner Streetcar Diner

5650 Highway 53 S Gardner, IL 60424

A 20th century Kankakee streetcar was moved to Gardner in 1932 to serve as a diner.

In 1937, the streetcar became a cottage and playhouse. It was moved behind the Riviera in 1955 and is still there today. It was restored ty the Route 66 Association of Illinois and inducted into the Route 66 Hall of Fame in 2001.

What's Nearby?


Scenes from Around the Corridor